Bluehost is very easy and fast. Bluehost has the one-click-installs which eliminates all need to know anything about creating a , creating a user, finding the database hostname, entering in the MySQL db user password and other details which always cause problems when manually. Bluehost always has the latest version of available for .2.5 on Click on Cpanel
Theprocess is very easy and I’ll guide you below on how to Joomla 2.5 in 5 easy steps. Overview of what you need to do:
- Login to Bluehost
- Find Joomla 2.5 in Simple Scripts
- Select Joomla 2.5 Installation Preferences
- Watch Bluehost Joomla 2.5
- Access your new Joomla 2.5 website or login to your Joomla 2.5 administrator with login details provided
1. Login to BluehostBluehost Software/Services – click on Simple Scripts
Bluehost has which help you install Joomla 2.5 in seconds. The name of the scripts differ between web hosting companies. Bluehost calls theirs ‘simple scripts’, others may called it ‘fantastico’ or ‘ ’.
- Go to bluehost.com
- Enter in your login/password details
- Click on the ‘Cpanel’ tab
- Scroll down to the heading ‘Software / Services’
- Click on the icon that says ‘Simple Scripts’
2. Find Joomla 2.5 in Bluehost Simple ScriptsBluehost Content Management
You will find that Bluehost offers many installation scripts and you can install any of the softwares for free. With one click and a few second later, you can have any type of website you want.
- Scroll down to ‘Content Management’
- Find the icon that says ‘Joomla 2.5.1‘ New
- Click on the Joomla 2.5.1
3. Install Joomla 2.5.1 with BluehostBluehost – Install Joomla 2.5 Import Sample Data
This screen just confirms that you want to Install Joomla 2.5.1 and also allows you to choose if you want to Install the ‘Sample Data’ that comes along with Joomla. As of Joomla 1.5 you have a choice if you want to install the Sample data.
- Under Install Joomla, click on ‘Install’
- If you want to install Sample data, click on ‘Import’
4. Enter in Installation PreferencesBluehost – Joomla 2.5 Installation Preferences
Here you just specify which directory you want to install Joomla 2.5 in. You also just click on the legal information checkboxes and enter you name for identification verification requirements.
- In Step 1: Installation Preferences, select the following:
- Which version of Joomla would you like to install = 2.5.1 (Stable)
- Where would you like Joomla Installed? = You can leave this field blank or select a sub directory. In my case, I’m installing to a sub directory called Joomla25
- In Step 2 : Advanced Options
- You can choose to leave these as default or expand to change MySQL sb information or site administrator login information
- In Step 3: Legal and Partner Information
- Select the checkbox – I agree to the terms and conditions…
- Select the checkbox – Ensure the securit of this script with SiteLock
- Your name = Enter your name
- Contact phone = Enter your contact phone
- Click on ‘Complete’
5. Watch Bluehost Install Joomla 2.5Bluehost – Percent Complete Status Bar
You are home free. Bluehost will install Joomla 2.5 for you and you can just sit back and watch the percentage complete progress bar. If there are any issues with the data provided in the previous screen an error will show up. Usually if the directory you selected is not empty or installation already exists in that directory, you will get a warning error message. In that case, go through the installation process again and select a different subdirectory in Step 4 – Where would you like Joomla Installed?
6. Access your Joomla 2.5 WebsiteBluehost – Site and Administrator URL and Login
The next screen will show ‘In Progress’. This screen is important as it will show you your site login information. You can click on the links to access your new Jooomla 2.5 website
- Click on ‘Site URL’ to access your Joomla 2.5 Website fronted
- Click on ‘Login URL’ to access your Joomla 2.5 Administrator backend
- Use the username and password provided to start managing your Joomla 2.5 website
With Bluehost simple script installation of Joomla 2.5, it’s very easy. There are less chance of errors and save you tons of time. There is a lot of frustration that goes along with installating Joomla manually, but Bluehost takes all that out. I installed Joomla 2.5.1 in about 5 minutes with Bluehost ‘Simple Scripts’ but I think it would take me about 15-20 minutes with a manual install.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a message. Thanks,