is a great provider. Most of my websites are hosted by them. If you decide to purchase and 1.7, the only the 1.5. So if you need to install Joomla 1.7 or any later versions, you will need to do it manually. I’ve created several tutorials on how to install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost. This is my first time creating a video to demonstrate. I hope this is more beneficial to you.
Since I get bored watching a super long video on how to do something, I created several chapters for this exercise. How to Install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost contains 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 – Download Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP
- Chapter 3 – Setup User for SSH access
- Chapter 4 – Create DB and DB user
- Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 7 – Logging into your Joomla 1.7 backend
If you want to install Joomla 1.7 on your dreamhostserver, below are instructions on how to do this. You can follow along in the video tutorial.
Chapter 7 – Log into Joomla 1.7 Administrator Backend
- Open up web browser
- Go to your domain name.com/administrator
- For example: http://www.cmsmind-joomla.com/administrator
- Enter admin user name and password from Chapter 6, Step 6.
You have now complete all Chapters to install Joomla 1.7 on your Dreamhost webhosting server. If you have any questions, let me know!