is a great provider. Most of my websites are hosted by them. If you decide to purchase and 1.7, the only the 1.5. So if you need to install 1.7 or any later versions, you will need to do it manually. I’ve created several tutorials on how to install Joomla 1.7 on . This is my first time creating a video to demonstrate. I hope this is more beneficial to you.
Since I get bored watching a super long video on how to do something, I created several chapters for this exercise. How to Install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost contains 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 – Download Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP
- Chapter 3 – Setup User for SSH access
- Chapter 4 – Create DB and DB user
- Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 7 – Logging into your Joomla 1.7 backend
If you want to install Joomla 1.7 on your dreamhostserver, below are instructions on how to do this. You can follow along in the video tutorial.
Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Open up web browser and go to your domain name. Example. I would go to http://www.cmsmind-joomla.com
- Complete 7 steps to complete the
- Step 1 – Language = English. Click Next
- Step 2 – Pre Check = everything is fine. Click Next.
- Step 3 – License agreement = everything is fine. Click Next.
- Step 4 – Database = All the information gathered from Chapter 4. Input that information in there. Click Next
- Got an error message:
- An error occured while trying to create the database. The user may not have sufficient privileges to create a database. The required database may need to be required separately before you can install Joomla
- FIX: change the database name to all lowercase. Dreamhost changes db name to lowercase and is case sensitive.
Now to Chapter 7. If you have any questions, let me know!