is a great provider. Most of my websites are hosted by them. If you decide to purchase and 1.7, the only the 1.5. So if you need to Joomla 1.7 or any later versions, you will need to do it manually. I’ve created several tutorials on how to install Joomla 1.7 on . This is my first time creating a video to demonstrate. I hope this is more beneficial to you.
Since I get bored watching a super long video on how to do something, I created several chapters for this exercise. How to Install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost contains 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 – Download Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP
- Chapter 3 – Setup User for SSH access
- Chapter 4 – Create DB and DB user
- Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 7 – Logging into your Joomla 1.7 backend
If you want to install Joomla 1.7 on your dreamhostserver, below are instructions on how to do this. You can follow along in the video tutorial.
Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7 on your Dreamhost File Server
- If you are using windows, use putty. If you are using MAC use your terminal manager
- Open up your web browser – search for putty and download
- Open up terminal session and telnet into your domain name
- cd <into your domain name directory>
- unzip <your Joomla zip file>
Next to Chapter 6. If you have any questions, let me know!