is a great provider. Most of my websites are hosted by them. If you decide to purchase and 1.7, the only the 1.5. So if you need to install 1.7 or any later versions, you will need to do it manually. I’ve created several tutorials on how to install Joomla 1.7 on . This is my first time creating a video to demonstrate. I hope this is more beneficial to you.
Since I get bored watching a super long video on how to do something, I created several chapters for this exercise. How to Install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost contains 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 – Download Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP
- Chapter 3 – Setup User for SSH access
- Chapter 4 – Create DB and DB user
- Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 7 – Logging into your Joomla 1.7 backend
If you want to install Joomla 1.7 on your dreamhostserver, below are instructions on how to do this. You can follow along in the video tutorial. Replace the information that I enter with details that relevant to your website. In other words, you can create your own database name and user names.
Chapter 4 – Create a Database and a Database User on Dreamhost
- Open up web browser. Go to and Login to your Dreamhost.com account
- Click on ‘My SQL Databases’
- Scroll down to ‘Create a New ’
- Enter in the following information – make it relevant to your own.
- Database name = cmsmindjoomlaelaineDB1
- Use hostname = Create a new hostname now
- New Hostname = mysqlelaine2.cmsmind-joomla.com
- First User = Create a new user now
- New Username = joomlaelaine1
- New Password = joomlaelaine1
- New Password again = joomlaelaine1
Next is Chapter 5. If you have any questions, let me know!