is a great provider. Most of my websites are hosted by them. If you decide to purchase and 1.7, the only the 1.5. So if you need to install 1.7 or any later versions, you will need to do it manually. I’ve created several tutorials on how to install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost. This is my first time creating a video to demonstrate. I hope this is more beneficial to you.
Since I get bored watching a super long video on how to do something, I created several chapters for this exercise. How to Install Joomla 1.7 on Dreamhost contains 7 chapters:
- Chapter 1 – Download Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP
- Chapter 3 – Setup User for SSH access
- Chapter 4 – Create DB and DB user
- Chapter 5 – Unzip Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 6 – Install Joomla 1.7
- Chapter 7 – Logging into your Joomla 1.7 backend
If you want to install Joomla 1.7 on your dreamhostserver, below are instructions on how to do this. You can follow along in the video tutorial.
Chapter 2 – Login to WebFTP and Upload Joomla 1.7
- Open up web browser and go to https://webftp.dreamhost.com
- Login to your WebFTP account. If you don’t know your password, login to your dreamhost account and click on ‘Manage Users’, where you can edit/change password of your account.
- Change directory into your Domain directory
- Click on ‘Upload’, ‘From Computer’
- Select the ZIP file you downloaded in Chapter 1
- Click on ‘Send’
- Close and Logoff
Next is Chapter 3. If you have any questions, let me know!