When you getfrom , it comes with unlimited addresses. You can create as many addresses as you want for your website. If you wanted, you could also host your email addresses elsewhere which will take some customization. Below I will show you how to create your own for your website. Assuming you already added your domain to already.
Overview of Steps to Create a Newin Dreamhost
- Manage Email in Dreamhost Control Panel
- Create New Email Addresses in Dreamhost
- Enter New Details in Manage Email – Fully Hosted Email
- Successfully Added Email Address to Website
1. Manage Email in Dreamhost Control Panel
Create email addresses for your websites in Manage Email. You can create as many email addresses as you want in Dreamhost because they give you unlimited email addresses.
- Login to your Dreamhost Control Panel
- Look under ‘Toolbox’
- Click on ‘Manage Email‘
2. Create New Email Addresses in Dreamhost
Create a new email address for your website in the Manage Emails in Dreamhost.
Dreamhost Tutorial – Manage Email – Create New Email Addresses
- In Manage Email Screen
- Click on ‘Create New Email Address‘
3. Enter New Email Address Details in Manage Email – Fully Hosted Email
Now you can enter your new email address details. First select the domain name you want to create an email address for and then enter the name/username of the email address and then the password. You can also set email file limits.
Dreamhost Tutorial – Enter in New Email Address Details
- Under Fully Hosted Email, Set the following details:
- Email address
- Use Dropdown to select your domain name
- Mailbox “Name”
- New Password Again
- Limit total disk usage = 200 MB
- Click on ‘Create Address‘
4. Successfully Added Email Address to Website
Now you will see a green success message that you created your email address.
Dreamhost Tutorial – Successfully created email address
Successfully added@the- .com!
Mailbox Login:@the- .com (use the whole thing!)
Note: It will take a few minutes for this new address to become active.Please be aware that it may take up to two hours for the changes to go live (because this is the first address set up on this domain). If it is still not working after that, please make sure that the domain name servers are pointed to us (and have been for at least 24 hours). If you need further assistance, please contact support.