There are 2 ways you can host multiple domain names at Fatcow.com.
1. You can purchase a new domain name through the Domain Central at Fatcow.com or
2. You can add an existing domain name purchased through a Domain name Registrar like Godaddy.com.
I often choose to purchase my domain names at Godaddy.com and then have them hosted at the provider. Only because it’s easier to manage all my domains in one location and you often get better deals at the Domain name registrars than at the providers.
Below I will show you how to Host multiple Domains using Fatcow webhosting:
- In Fatcow – Access Domain Central
- In Fatcow – Add Domain Name
- In Fatcow – See new nameservers to add
- Go to Godaddy Domain Management
- In Godaddy – Edit the Domain Name Nameservers
1. In Fatcow – Access Domain CentralFatcow webhosting – Domain Central
- Login to your Fatcow Control Panel
- Scroll down to Domain Heading
- Click on ‘Domain Central’
- (If you wanted to purchase a new domain name you can click on “Register Domain”)
2. In Fatcow – Add Domain NameFatcow Help – Add Existing Domain Name
You can purchase a new domain name or add an existing domain name that you purchased elsewhere. In this case, I purchased a new domain name “CmsMind.com” name from Godaddy. Remember to replace my domain name with your own.
- In the Domain Central window
- Select the checkbox – Add Existing Domain
- Add Domain Name box = www.CmsMind.com
- Click on ‘Add’
3. In Fatcow – See new nameservers to add
You will get a green text box to show you the name servers to add to your domain name registrars account under your domain name. The message will look like the screenshot below. Remember to replace my domain name with your own.Fatcow webhosting – New Namesevers
4. Go to Godaddy Domain ManagementFatcow Webhosting – Godaddy Domain Name Management
Now you need to configure your Domain name to point to the webhosting via the nameservers provided in step 3. Remember to search for your domain name and not mine.
- Login to your Godaddy account
- Click on Domains, Domain Management
- Search for CmsMind.com
- Click on the Checkbox to select the domain name
- Click on ‘NameServers’ drop down arrow, Click on ‘Set NameServers’
5. In Godaddy – Edit the Domain Name NameserversFatcow Webhosting – Godaddy Set Nameservers
- Under Set Nameservers, select ‘I have specific nameservers for my domains’
- Enter in the nameserver values from Step 3
- Nameserver1 = NS1.fatcow.com
- Nameserver2 = ns2.fatcow.com
- Click on ‘OK’
- You will see a message that says it will take about 2 hours to refresh.
Hope that helps,