Most web hosting providers have an option to host unlimited domain names andis one of them. To add an existing domain name to your account is very simple and below I will show you in 5 easy steps on how to do it yourself.
I purchase all my domain names from Godaddy. High level overview of 5 steps to add a domain name to yourAccount:
- Access the Dreamhost Manage Domains control panel
- Enter in New Domain Name to Add in Dreamhost
- Create New User for Domain Name in Dreamhost
- Add Dreamhost Nameservers to Godaddy
1. Access the Dreamhost Manage Domains control panel
- Login to your Dreamhost control panel
- Click on ‘Manage Domains’
- Click on ‘Add New Domain / Subdomain’
2. Enter in New Domain Name to Add in Dreamhost
Here you will enter in your new domain information.
- Under Domain Name, set the following value:
- Domain to host: <enter in your new domain name>
- Do you want the www in your URL? = Add WWW: make http:
3. Create New User for Domain Name in Dreamhost
- Under Users, Files, and Paths, set the following value:
- Scroll down and click on ‘Fully host this domain‘
You will see a success message that you successfully added this domain to your Dreamhost account. All you need to do now is to add the nameservers to your Domain Name Registrar. In my case, Iwill need to add them to my Godaddy account. The nameservers are in the red box in the screenshot below.3. Dreamhost – Successfully Added New Domain
Click here to learn how to add Name Servers into your Domain Name Registrar.